Friday, September 16, 2011

understanding

The past few days, I've been thinking alot about how many people are so misunderstood. It's funny how everyone has their own interpretation of things. You may feel the exact same way as your friend about a certain situation & someone one else may feel completely different about it. I've been trying to figure out reasons why something so simple sometimes can cause such different reactions. 

I have sort of decided that there are 4 kinds of people in my life. 

1. There are those that can't believe you would say or do something like "that!" I have the hardest time with this type. They are usually the ones that are quick to judge and not even try to understand the situation or ask about it. They just jump to conclusions. They usually think their opinions are the only correct ones out there and that they are smarter than everyone else when in reality, they are not. And they don't share anything about their lives because, heaven forbid, someone find out that there life isn't perfect. I don't have time for this type, so I usually limit my interactions with them. 

2. There are those that understand everything you are going through or at least try. They have either been through it, are going through it, or have watched someone else go through it. They are not judgmental. They are understanding. They will talk to you openly and not make you feel crazy or stupid. They love you no matter what. I appreciate these kinds of people.

3. There are those that don't really care either way. The just accept you for what you are and go on. Nothing much really fazes them. They don't often judge. They just don't waist time on it. They can laugh at situations that others would be mad or upset about. They don't care much for confrontation. They are usually content with their lot in life. It makes them very easy to be around. I like these people. I want to be like them too.

4. There are those that just want attention. They blow things way out of proportion. They overreact to almost every situation. It's maddening. 

I want to be a mix of 2 & 3. I'm working on it. 

Rich & I were having a conversation the other night about people. He asked me "Besides your family, who is your favorite person at the moment?" I thought about it and gave him my answer. I think he understood why. He just smiled & said "but they kind of have some weird ideas." I just laughed & agreed. But at the moment, I love this person so much it brings tears to my eyes. 

Then he asked who my least favorite person was. I couldn't answer. I'm trying not to dwell on the negative people right now. I don't have time for that kind of thinking. He understood.


Today I am extra thankful for my mom. She likes my blog, understands what I'm going through, & is a great example of charity.

2 comments:

  1. I think I'm a mix of all four, depending on what day it is. LOL Hard to believe anyone could ever be upset with you about anything! You just seem like a friend to all, no matter what. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete