I've had a really good day today despite a pounding headache. I finally gave in & took some Midol. It worked it's magic. But as the day has gone on, I've had two thoughts in my head. 1. How much love I feel for so many different people in my life. And 2. Two of my biggest pet peeves. I don't know why I keep thinking of them but I do. Maybe because they both happened this week.
These two thoughts have absolutely nothing to do with the other but I can't get either of them out of my head. I won't talk about love right now. It's too sappy. Are you wondering what my pet peeves are? I don't have many. But these two really bug me. First, I CAN'T STAND when people drive down a street below the speed limit, especially if there is more than one lane & each lane has someone going slow! Now I have to say that I am a pretty patient driver. It takes a lot to bother me while I'm driving but this drives me bananas, especially in the 40 mph zone on 320th. I seriously want to yell out my window "SPEED UP!" I want to lay on my horn! I want to push their car with my car. But I don't do any of this. I just seethe to myself & try to set a good example to those around me. But ugh, it drives me crazy!
My other pet peeve... snacks during sacrament at church. I totally understand if you have a small child, I'm talking two & under, that needs a snack. If they are old enough to be in Primary, they don't need a snack. I get it if a treat helps keep your 13 month old or however old quiet during talks. I have a small child. I will bring him snacks most assuredly. BUT I WILL CLEAN UP THE MESS THAT HE MAKES AND NOT LEAVE IT IN THE SEAT FOR THE NEXT PERSON TO CLEAN UP! I got to church on Sunday and went to our usual place. Well, new usual place. I have decided that I don't like the benches & refuse to sit there anymore. But that's a whole other post. Anyway, when I went to sit down, every chair in that row had a ton of crumbs on it. I'm talking a lot. I couldn't believe it. It was a mess. I wanted to say "The church is not your house. Clean up your mess!" At first it made me mad. But as I thought about it, it saddened me. Did this person or persons not have enough respect for the Lord's house to just quickly pick up after themselves? I guess not. I cleaned up the bench. Now I would usually give someone the benefit of the doubt but I have seen this too often in the chapel. It really bothers me. It's sad. As someone who used to clean the church building almost every Saturday with Rich, it's a lot of work cleaning the chapel. But I love doing it. I wish that everyone had to clean the chapel at least once so that they could feel the spirit that is present when it is unoccupied and so quiet. I know that I shouldn't let this bother me & as I write this, I'm finding myself actually letting it go... So, I won't think about it anymore (that is until the next time it happens. ha!). No, no, no, I will just keep cleaning it up & hopefully not judge or let it become a pet peeve. :) I'm always a work in progress...
Today I love that I was able to shop at the Costco Business Center. It rocks!

Hahahaha those are two of my pet peeves also! I hate that people think that flashing school zone lights mean you should drive 5MPH!! PEOPLE... REALLY?!? It's soooo frustrating. GRRRRR!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd oh boy do I hear you on the "snacks in church" peeve. SAME HERE!!! This past Sunday (well, the Sunday before... Two days ago was conference) I noticed that it was particularly bad!! In fact, I was so frustrated, that I almost posted about it in our RS Facebook page. Yet I held my tongue. When we got up after sacrament, I was absolutely blown away by the amount of crumbs, wrappers and garbage strewn around the chapel! It made me physically sick to see that sacred place defiled that way. I ALWAYS clean up after my kids, no matter where we are. I make my kids pick up their garbage at restaurants too.
You know what my other pet peeve is? Oh never mind... ask me about when you see me. I have a feeling if I put it in writing, somebody, somewhere will get offended. And no, I have no one in particular in mind!
really want to know what the other pet peeve is Christina!!! The snacks at church really do drive me crazy. I'm just shocked at the mess people make!
ReplyDelete