Tuesday, September 20, 2011

frustrated

You know, for the most part, I am happy with who I am. There are things that I am working on like the crazy mental momma that seems to pop up whenever it feels like it. I try to keep her trapped. But mostly, I'm happy with my life. I try hard to be a good mom, wife, friend, sister, daughter, all the things that I am. I'm not nearly perfect but I'm trying to do the best I can. The best I know how. So why is it that someone can get under my skin so easily? I shouldn't care what they think. I know who I am and how I'm trying to live my life. I shouldn't care that they think I shouldn't say such & such or do this or that. But for some reason, I let them get to me. It brings me down. It makes me sad. But I don't know how to let it go or get rid of it! I want to tear those feelings out of me & throw them in the garbage but I just can't figure out how to do it. Maybe it's just with time. I don't know. It's frustrating.

4 comments:

  1. oh sad...who is it, i'll beat em up! i know what you mean though....i like to say i don't care what people think but to a degree i think we all do and that is probably what makes us always strive to be better people and that's ok. as from tonight's lesson...we are working towards perfection right..i love you for who you are and all you say and do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am FINALLY in a position to catch up on all your entries! I'm excited to have so much to read! Okay... I understand completely. I've had this issue before too. And it was hard to overcome (and sometimes I still have issues with it.). Remind yourself (constantly) that you are a daughter of God and that He loves you just the way you are. He knows your struggles, He understands your frustrations. Give them to Him. I know it's soooo easy for me to spew advice from the cheap seats over here, but I will say this... because sometimes you need to hear someone ELSE say it other than your own internal dialogue... it really DOES NOT matter what ANYONE else thinks. Truly. And often, I have found that when others have a problem with things you do or say, it's often because that person is feeling guilty or having their own internal issues or they are just plain insecure about their own feelings.

    Rock on Nancy... and yes, it comes with time (see, I'm old now... remember, pushing 40 in a few months!!)... and it's gotten easier and easier as the years have gone by and my kids have gotten older. I've just had to remind myself that I know I do things that others deem crazy, but I do them after careful prayer and consideration. So if the Lord wants me to do certain things, then it doesn't matter if anyone else thinks they are crazy... because HE knows they are right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's easier said than done, but at the end of the day, when you count your blessings and see how the positives in your life far outweigh the negatives, you can shrug off the bad stuff and know it's "their issue" not yours. Took me a long time to not let what others thought (like my ex husband) get under my skin. I finally realized, "Why give them that power??" So not worth the time and energy...especially if you lose sleep over it. :o) You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete