I'm gonna vent a little. Why has it become the "thing" now for girls to have absolutely no hair on their body except for on their head and eyebrows. I don't completely get it. Don't get me wrong, I get my eyebrows waxed. I want them to look nice. I don't want a unibrow. But I don't think I should get rid of all the hair on my body. Everyone I know is getting lasered, super waxed, or shaving off any hair they have. It bugs me. What's wrong with the hair on my arms?!! I totally understand if you are super hairy to the point of it being unattractive & you need to fix it up a bit. But to get rid of everything seems silly to me. First girls have to be skinny, not thin, skinny. I think super skinny girls are ugly. Ribs sticking out are not cute. And now, we have to be completely hairless. Ugh. I don't want to shave my arms. And I don't want to look like a 4 year old girl either (if you know what I mean). I just think it is weird. I've fallen to peer pressure & tried it. I don't like it. I think there is something very feminine & sexy about looking like a woman and not a little girl. Maybe I am just weird. I hate the pressure that has come on women, especially young girls, to look a certain way. I look at some of the women around me, who have had kids or are worn with age & I think they are beautiful. They have pudge on their bodies & wrinkles around their eyes. They smile & laugh. They're confident. They are beautiful. Maybe that is something that only comes with age. I also see others who have had kids and are getting older who think that they have to do all of these crazy things to stay looking young and be super skinny. Botox is completely stupid to me. But to each his own, I guess. I'm just really glad that I have a husband who thinks I really don't need to get my eyebrows waxed & doesn't mind some hair on my body.
Today I love my hands... They aren't very strong. They have arthritis. But they work.
Today I love my hands... They aren't very strong. They have arthritis. But they work.
AMEN SISTER!!! AMEN TO YOUR WHOLE POST!!! I don't understand it either. And believe me, I see EVERYTHING as a nurse who works with birthing women. Some women are 100% bald EVERYWHERE except the tops of their heads. Some are completely hairy everywhere. And then there is everything in between. I can't imagine how exhausting and expensive and painful it would be to keep up with all of that. Heck, I barely keep up with my legs. No, wait... if I'm being totally honest, I shave my legs right before I go get pedicures. Otherwise, I usually don't bother. My leg hairs are soft and very, very light. Most people are surprised when I show them my legs and they look closely and realize that they aren't shaved. Armpits are a habit I doubt I'll ever give up... they get shaved just about every time I shower.
ReplyDeleteREally... what IS our obsession with shaving??? Obviously we were meant to have hair in these places. I guess if I'm playing Devil's advocate to my own argument, I could say that men were meant to have hair too but they still maintain short haircuts, for the most part. It's funny.
Anyway... I hear you girl. There is this unbelievable obsession with these things. I know someone who has a daughter who is 10 years old. She spends $100 a MONTH on her daughter's hair, straightening it and styling it. They are obsessed with clothes. And her daughter often says things like, "Do I look fat mom?" It really is so sad to me.
And hey... how come the guys aren't shaving it all off too??? :)
Christina, there are some men that do! blegh! I could get pretty graphic with my post here but I'll keep it clean and just say that I'm glad Rich is a man's man!
ReplyDeletehaha....your guys' comments are crackin me up! it is sad the body image many feel they HAVE to uphold no matter what the cost or pain factor. i have hairy arms too and I like em! haha!
ReplyDelete