I really enjoy going on walks, especially with other people. This morning, however, I went alone. Usually I don't listen to music because I like to pay attention to my surroundings. But I listened to music this morning. I had a blast. Now you know this is some kind of walk if I was alone & was able to have a good ole time. I started out just fine listening to a song & then a conference talk. The talk was uplifting. Then it was back to music. When I listen to music and walk at the same time, I get so caught up in the music that I don't pay attention to things around me. A lady jogged right up next to me & I didn't even notice her until she said "hi." It made me jump. She just smiled and went on her merry way. Now, I was walking down 320th, a fairly busy rode. I had to really concentrate on not breaking out in some serious dance moves while on that rode or singing out loud. The people passing by would be wondering what mental hospital I escaped from if I busted a move right there on the sidewalk. Boy did I want to, especially when a Shakira song came on. I love some Shakira. Finally I made it into the neighborhood where there weren't as many cars and just let myself go. I sang my heart out in Spanish to those couple of Shakira songs. Despite being half Mexican, I have no clue what over half of the words mean but I was enjoying singing right along with her. A man walking a dog came around the corner and almost stopped so that he could watch me. I just smiled at him & kept on going. He gave me a big smile back. It was funny. Then what do you know, a Beastie Boy's song came on. Now, this white girl can rap with the best of 'em. I'm sure I looked awesome rappin' down the street. I'm cool like that. I'm down with some Skeelo. I'm old skool like that! Ha! Anyway, I had a lot of people smile at me. I think they could tell that I was enjoying my morning walk. I was almost home when I was singing to something else. I don't remember what it was but I totally wasn't paying attention. I finally looked up & there was a man running right at me. It scared me to death! He just laughed. I'm glad that I was able to put smiles on people's faces this morning!
Today, I love this song... It reminds me of my childhood!
haha! loved this post! i also love me some shakira and beastie boys! well see you have already started week 1 on the journaling thing then! way to go!
ReplyDeleteOMGOSH OMGOSH OMGOSH I LOOOOOOOVE THAT SKEELO SONG!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN RAP ALMOST ALL THE WORDS TOO!!!!!!! When I lived in Hawaii... back in the days when I was single and skinny and cute... LOL... I drove my little burgundy Honda and I used to BLAST this song and rap out loud with it! It still reminds me of mornings driving to nursing school. Ahhhh... thanks for the memory and link... I have it playing right now! :)
ReplyDeleteAnd hey... GOOD FOR YOU... movin' and shakin' without a care... good endorphins! As soon as my kids go back to school, I'm gonna be out walking in the mornings too. :)
Oh and by the way... two more things (yeah, yeah, I'm a motor mouth, what can I say?)
ReplyDelete1. Way to go integrating a conference talk into that! Isn't it so nice to just listen to one or two at a time and digest them? I LOVE being able to do that! Like I said, it makes ironing and dishes a lot more pleasant. ;)
2. Now I know for SURE you are my kind of girl... anyone who can flip between the Beastie Boys, a conference talk, and Skeelo is MY KIND OF GIRL! WOOHOO!! <3
yeah Christina, I thought of you with the conference talk!
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm all about variety!
You're so fun!!! Just be careful....some guy might see you bopping along to your music, think you're cute and snatch you right up! :o)
ReplyDelete