Tuesday, September 13, 2011

pedometer

For the past two weeks, I have been wearing my pedometer again. It's great! It's amazing how one little thing can motivate you in so many ways. I'm trying each day to get at least 12,000 steps. Except Sundays. That is my day off. Before I got pregnant with Jace, I was up to around 18,000 steps a day. If I got 15,000, I was fine with that but anything below that was not good. But now, I would love to get that 15,000 with no problem. Hopefully I will get back there soon. NO, I will get back there soon! 
this isn't my exact one but you get the idea...

 And more than just getting steps in, it reminds to eat better. I don't diet. Anymore. I've tried. Multiple times. I hate counting calories. I hate keeping track of points. I can't do it. I'm done with it. But wearing the pedometer reminds me of what I want to be, healthy and strong. So in turn, I make better choices about the foods that I do eat. And right now I am really loving hummus. It's delicious. I like knowing that I need to get up and move so that the number on my pedometer increases & in order to do that, I need good food. I read in a fitness magazine "Dieting makes you look good in clothes. Exercising makes you look good naked." I want to look good naked. You know, just in case I decide to prance around in front of the windows at night in all my natural glory. I'm sure the neighbors would appreciate some cheap entertainment. 

Another plus to wearing this simple little contraption, is that I feel better mentally. Going on these walks/runs everyday have helped me a lot. I'm happier. It's a stress reliever. My family appreciates it. I am a much more gentle & loving creature!



Today I loved seeing Garret & Kira having fun together at the fair. It made my heart happy.




2 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I'm a nurse and on some nights all I do is walk. This would be a great way to keep track. I have a GPS tracker on my phone. I should turn that on at work and see how many miles I walk! Congrats on feeling motivated and happy! Here's to naked prancing! Cheers! (By the way I LOVE that quote! May need to steal it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, you should! I would love to know how many miles you walk in a night sometimes. And I love that quote too! I think it's fun!

    ReplyDelete