Monday, September 19, 2011

Singing praises to...

this is my very favorite kind of sour cream. you can't even tell this it's light!
That's right! Sour cream. I love this stuff. Kind of a weird post, I know. But you can put this stuff in practically anything. Of course there are the usual baked potatoes & casseroles. I use it in mashed potatoes. I won't usually touch mashed potatoes unless there is gravy to go along with them but add a little of this and that pot of potatoes taste so much better. I love it for jalapeno poppers & quesadillas. I use it in a lot of my cake recipes. It makes your cake so moist without effecting the flavor. Yesterday, I made baked potatoes for dinner. As I was dressing Garret's potato (he loves this stuff too), Rich called the sour cream "sour disgusting." Usually he calls it "sour yucky." It was funny because this little ingredient is in so many foods that I prepare & he gobbles that food right up. I guess he only hates it on it's own. Love ya Rich! So on Saturday night, I had some very ripe raspberries that I needed to use up quick. I found this recipe and gave it a try. It was so yummy! And so simple! Rich had no idea he was even eating sour cream! And I still haven't told him. Guess he will know now. :) 




I loved this recipe! Give it a try!



2 comments:

  1. I'm not a big raspberry fan (the seeds get stuck in my teeth, sometimes for DAYS and I have to go to the mirror with a needle or safety pin and pick them out of my molars! Sorry... way TMI!) But this looks good. I must agree on the sour cream issue! LOOOOOVE the stuff... on just about anything. I sometimes use plain Greek yogurt in stuff as a substitute, that way I'm getting some probiotics in the process. But yeah... the world would be a sad, sad place without sour cream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!! I make a raspberry jello salad with sour cream. I grew up with it - sooo YUM. I made it for Jim, who HATES sour cream, and he didn't know! So funny. He doesn't like seeds, however....so it's not a fav with him. I love sour cream but have been trying to cut down on extras like that. a couple weeks ago I bought a fat free sour cream and had it with our burritos on wheat tortillas and spinach rather than lettuce. It was SOO good!!!!

    ReplyDelete