So I've been thinking that I need to come up with a couple of goals to meet each week. But I hesitate to do it. You see, I'm the type that doesn't like pressure. When I feel too much pressure being put on me, I shut down & just don't do anything at all. It's something I've done for a long time. Or, I wait until the very last possible minute to get whatever is pressuring me done. I usually do an okay job, but I'm full of anxiety until it is completed.
So I'm thinking that if I just pick two small goals each week and post them here, then I will have more motivation to complete them. And hopefully complete them early in the week. It will put pressure on me but I'm hoping that actually writing them down and letting someone know about the goals will help me be able to achieve them.
Here goes...
1. Clean out Garret & Jace's room. I need to pack away the clothes that are too small. Give the DI over half of the toys that are in there. And go through Garret's books.
2. Get the Halloween decorations out. I love Halloween!
I don't think those are too tough. I can do this! Things always seem to get in the way when I set goals like this for myself. But hopefully, I can push those things aside and get these two goals completed. I don't feel too much pressure since these aren't such huge goals but they are ones that need to get done!
I'm starting out small. Wish me luck!
So I'm thinking that if I just pick two small goals each week and post them here, then I will have more motivation to complete them. And hopefully complete them early in the week. It will put pressure on me but I'm hoping that actually writing them down and letting someone know about the goals will help me be able to achieve them.
Here goes...
1. Clean out Garret & Jace's room. I need to pack away the clothes that are too small. Give the DI over half of the toys that are in there. And go through Garret's books.
2. Get the Halloween decorations out. I love Halloween!
I don't think those are too tough. I can do this! Things always seem to get in the way when I set goals like this for myself. But hopefully, I can push those things aside and get these two goals completed. I don't feel too much pressure since these aren't such huge goals but they are ones that need to get done!
I'm starting out small. Wish me luck!

That first paragraph... WHOA... I could have written that, verbatim, about myself. I quit making New Year's resolutions years and years ago for the same reasons you outlined. It only led to me feeling like a failure. And it's funny because I'm the opposite... the minute I tell someone else about a goal, then I feel too much pressure and just end up quitting. UGH... so I usually just keep them to myself. I like your goals... they are not too stressful and they will help you feel accomplished. :)
ReplyDelete