It's not often that Rich has a Friday night off from work. Last night he did & it was great! We went to a local high school football game with the kids and had a really fun time. Being at the game brought back some memories of my high school years. I went to most of the h.s. football games my sophmore year of school. They were fun. But as I got older, I lost interest. I went to one game my sr year and that was to watch my good friend play. I always liked the games, just never the crowd. But last night, I loved it. The energy was high. The students were excited. The band was loud. It was great!
Before the game, Kira had her first ballet lesson. I can't express the excitement that was coming from her. She wanted to go as soon as preschool was over yesterday. But she had to wait... It was a little bit emotional watching my cute little girl dancing her heart out in class. She smiled the whole way through it. And I thought that she looked like a little angel in her ballet clothes. Garret even liked watching her but to get him to admit that...
Yesterday was a good day. I was able to focus on the blessings that I have in my life. Negatives kept trying to make their way into my thinking but I beat them down. Practice make perfect, right?
I'm sure I will be practicing for a long time to come. It's all about being refined.
so true! i had pure joy watching izy blow bubbles today and seeing how happy it made her. it's good to focus and remember those moments! where is kira doing ballet at? i think you told me but can't remember
ReplyDelete"It's all about being refined." So true, my friend. Keep squashing those negatives... keep beating them down. They are not welcome!
ReplyDeleteGlad you and your sweet family were able to enjoy a Friday night together. Someday my goal is to not work ANY Friday nights! We'll see how that goes... LOL. Doubt it'll happen. But at least next year, I think I'm going to ask my boss to not schedule me on Friday nights during football season. I hate being tired on Saturday mornings!
I want to see pictures of Kira at Ballet!!! I just LOVE that little girl... she is always smiling and has the brightest eyes!!
Where do you go for ballet? Kira is such a little cutie...I bet she's a doll in her outfit. Jenna badly wants to do it again. Sadly, I feel too pooped to get all the kids involved in extra-curricular activities right now... Your Friday night sounded so fun!! I miss football games. I never attended in the stands....I was down on the track cheering. Ah, the good ol' days. I miss that. Maybe one day I will bust onto some high school track during a game and start shaking my booty....then get hauled off by the cops. That'd be fun... *heehee*
ReplyDelete