Friday, October 7, 2011

reminder to me...

I don't usually talk about my experiences at the Temple. But last night was amazing. That is about the only word that I can think of to fit the way that I felt. I knew that I was supposed to be there. I know that the work I did last night was good.

In the meeting before the session, my former Bishop spoke. I had no idea he was speaking either. It was a nice surprise. He bore testimony of the strength it takes to prepare to go to the temple. He told the story of my dear friend's husband who passed away a little over two years ago. The Bishop told of this husband's strong desire to make it to the temple even though he was suffering from cancer. He never made it to the temple. He was just too sick, but he did get his temple recommend before he passed away. His father was then able to do all of his work for him a couple of weeks after he passed. I know that this great man is so happy to have been able to still receive his endowment, even though he wasn't able to do it himself.

Of course, I cried throughout the whole talk. It was a good reminder to me of how important attending the temple is in our lives. It's easy to let so many little things get in the way.

I believe...

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your testimony of temple work. I needed to hear this today. I'm glad you were able to go! :)

    ReplyDelete