Tuesday, October 11, 2011

happiness is...

going for a walk when you really don't want to but feeling GREAT after you did it!

It's wrestling around on the floor with 3 kids and their dad.

It's listening to a house full of laughter from all of the wrestling.

It's getting a good night's sleep.

These are some of the things that make me happy. I've been trying really hard lately to not let things stress me out or get under my skin. I have to say, exercising and keeping myself busy has really helped. 

The stressers this week... Primay callings. It seems like we (the primary presidency) finally figure things out only to have the rug pulled out from under us again. It's frustrating but I'm trying to have a good attitude about it. It will all work out. Gotta have faith!

The other stresser... Kira's birthday. I can't seem to figure out a date for her birthday party. I know that it's not that big of a deal BUT........ it is. To Kira. And honestly, me too. I have to figure this out. There is just so much going on the end of October that it leaves no time for her. I gotta sit down and plan.


I can't let the stress get to me. Exercising, along with a couple of other things each day, has become a great stress reliever. I'm much happier than I was a couple of months ago. I don't feel so crazy. It's nice. I don't want to punch the wall anymore. I have much more patient with my kids. They appreciate it. :) I hope they know that I love them more than words can say. My house still feels like a disaster zone but it's getting better. And I am cooking again. For a while, I didn't want to even do that. It feels good to have my wits about me again. Hopefully, I will keep moving in the right direction!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear about your happy moments! It's good to focus on those happy moments! And I know what you mean about how you don't want to exercise but feel so good afterwards. I neeeeed to make time to do that. I feel like lately, I am being asked to create time where time does not exist. SIGH... Anyway... I learned a lesson a couple of years ago when I was on the treadmill religiously. I woke up with a HORRIFIC headache one afternoon. While it would have been so easy to just give up my treadmill, I forced myself to do it, even while it felt like sledgehammers were pounding my head. Guess what? After an hour, my headache was GONE. And ever since then, I've realized that exercise is the BEST headache medicine... it's just odd because it is positively the LAST thing you want to do when you are hurting.

    Good luck getting Kira's birthday figured out. Just remember, it doesn't have to be huge or elaborate... it just needs to be celebrated. So don't stress yourself out too badly. Let me know if you need help... like taking Jace for a bit if it's during the day or something like that. Or cooking or whatever... If I'm around, I'm happy to be of assistance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the headache cure. It doesn't always work for me but it always helps!

    Thanks for your assistance! :) I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete