What a morning! Besides the usual getting ready for school, breakfast making, & me having to shower, I've cleaned up puke that was caught in my hands.
And I just had to endure a screaming visit to the doctor's office.
And I just had to endure a screaming visit to the doctor's office.
Kira had her well child check up this morning. It started off great. She was happy with the nurse. She has great vision, perfect hearing, & is really tall (97th percentile).
Then comes the doctor. Things were fine until he wanted to check her ears, unfortunately, that was the second thing he checked. She picked which ear she wanted him to look at first and when he put the little light in her ear, she completely FREAKED out. From then on, it was a scream fest anytime he touched her. To Kira's defense, she doesn't feel good. She has been sick since Sunday & her sensitivity level is sky high at the moment. But the doc managed to get her checked out & she's fine except for this dumb viral infection she can't seem to shake. Hopefully it will go away soon!
Anyway, it was a rough visit. She is due for her shots. I am struggling with this one. I didn't get them for her when she turned 4 & I didn't get them today. She really does not want any shots. And frankly, I don't think she needs them but she has to have them for kindergarten. I don't know what to do about this. Hmmmm, will have to figure this out. And no, I am not against vaccines, except for the dumb flu shot. I just feel differently about them for Kira.
Sorry to hear that Kira isn't feeling so well. It's so hard when the little ones don't feel well. :(
ReplyDeleteI thought your last paragraph about vaccines was interesting. I just wanted to say this: If you are getting the feeling that you need to perhaps wait on them for her, just be aware that you CAN send her to Kindergarten without them being up-to-date. It's well within your rights to do so. My kids have had all the shots up to age two and then I felt prompted to stop. I'm starting to wonder if it might be time to start them up again. But from age 2 until now, I've been distinctly prompted not to do them. So I understand the "struggle". It's hard sometimes to hear the still small voice when all the other voices are so loud and they drown out the small one! LOL... Anyway... just throwing that out there. Like you, I'm not against vaccines altogether, I just have felt inspired to take a break from them for the past several years. Like I said, I am starting to wonder if it's time to start again. I'm still feeling fuzzy about that... need to pray about it more. And yeah... that flu shot is dumb, in my book too. No offense to anyone else that gets it, but no thanks for us.
still trying to figure this one out. I really think I need to wait. I can't shake the feeling.
ReplyDelete