I had a whole post in my mind a little bit ago and now I can't remember any of it, not even the title. Dang it! Oh well. It must not have been that good if I can't even remember it now. Or maybe this is just another sign of the short term memory loss that I seem to experience every single day. I am glad to report that today was better than yesterday. I didn't completely lose it. I did yell a bit but I didn't freak out at all. Let's see... Today I weighed myself (since I don't bother going to weight watchers anymore) and I came in at a whopping 168. Now you watch, tomorrow I will be back up to 169. I hate the stupid scale! I'm hoping that once school is back in session, I can have some kind of routine in my life and lose some actual poundage from this body. We'll see. I also took Kira to get a hair cut. She just won't keep it out of her face and I'm tired of not being able to see her eyes. She looks different but cute. I took the kids grocery shopping with me. Please shoot me if I try to do that again. At least now we have food in the house to eat. Oh, and I threw away all of my coupons. Know why? I hate couponing! Don't get me wrong. I love saving money but I hate the tedious process of couponing. It's a pain in the ___! I got tired of looking at the piles of red plum, p&g, etc & threw the suckers away. It made me feel better. And then I spent almost $200 at Winco. It was great but I probably won't think that tomorrow when I want to buy something at Ikea!!!

Nancy... have I mentioned lately how much I love you? I am absolutely in LOVE with your raw honesty here. I think we need more of this. I am being dead serious. I can't speak for anyone else, but it absolutely warms my heart to the core when I hear other women speak so candidly and honestly about the challenges they face in life. I'm not happy for them, but I'm happy I'm not alone. It makes me feel normal and not like a freak of nature. I often feel so out of place as an LDS woman. My house is not perfect. (Okay, let's just call it out... my house is HORRIBLE.) I'm not crafty, etc. There have been so many times in my life where I just wonder where I fit in in this big, bad world. It's gotten FAR better over the past few years... by a LOT. I finally am getting comfortable accepting who I am, faults and all. But it's been a long, hard road getting here.
ReplyDeleteLike you, I'm looking forward to the routine that school brings, though I will miss my boys. We all need it, I think. I'm sitting here, typing this while my boys are at Cameron's birthday party and I have to say, I miss these quiet moments in the day when I am all alone. (Yeah, I should be scrubbing my bathrooms... I'll get to it... maybe.)
And YAY for someone else who isn't couponing!!!! I vehemently REFUSE to do it. Why? Well... I'm a messy person. Period. I can never find the darned things when I need them... and then when I DO find them, they've been expired by about two years! Plus, as I was explaining to Heather (who, by the way, is getting good at couponing... go Heather!), I just don't shop for things that you get coupons for. I buy natural deodorant and shampoo (good luck finding coupons for those). I don't buy much in the way of processed food. You can't get coupons for fresh produce and bulk items. So I just don't even bother. I will peruse the Sunday ads occasionally and shop sales sometimes. But overall, Winco is my friend... I am LUST with the bulk bins at Winco!!!!
So yeah... nice to meet another non-couponing sister!
I love you too Christina!!! You are an awesome friend! And yes, couponing is just too much right now. I can't stand it.
ReplyDelete